1) Discuss ‘Renaud’- post-viewing activities. Turn-in all ‘Renaud’ work.
2) Check and discuss HW- p. 39 F of “Poursuite”—discuss in small groups, then as a whole group.
3) Discuss common writing errors- look at last night’s hw and Writing Final Exams, other writing.
4) HW: None
1) Details- registration for next year?
2) Warm-up: Review demonstrative adjectives ce, cet, cette, ces (BD1 p. 226) and practice w/ sports vocab. ( la balle, le ballon, la raquette, les skis (m.), le vélo, les baskets, la casquette, la canne à pêche)
3) Discuss graded quizzes (vocab./double object)
4) Pronounce new vocab., watch Yabla- d’un sport à un autre. Discuss.
5) HW due Wed. : Choose two sports from the new list, preferably that you participate in. List at least 5 pieces of equipment needed for each, in French.
1) Check and discuss HW: lists of items needed to play 2 sports
2) Activity: Groups of 5-8 “Je vais faire du sport, et je vais apporter un/une/des ______”.
3) Review relative pronouns que, qui (on the board, practice w/ wh. boards and Mme S’s examples on oh.) and then go to http://www.s-cool.co.uk/a-level/french/advanced-grammar/revise-it/qui-que-and-dont for ‘dont’. After explanation, ea. student responds to ‘quiz’ on wh.bds, then class tells Mme S. what to put for answers on website, and we submit—see how we do!
4) Play Flyswatter- new vocab.
5) If time, begin Skits: Groups of 3—you are three characters from “Poursuite…”, you are trying to find ‘le type en bleu’. Include the name of a sport, a piece of sports equipment, a chore and 3 yellow cards in your skit! The best skit (as judged by Mme S.) wins candy--
6) HW due Friday: Write 9 original sentences: 3 that use the relative pronouns ‘que’, 3 that use ‘qui’, 3 that use ‘don’t’.
1) Offer extra credit due Mon. 2/9
2) Refresh skits from Wed.- perform
3) Rev. relative pronouns: practice sent’s on scratch paper w/ qui or que as relative pronouns (Fr. Ess p. 79), intro. 9 expressions that use ‘de’ (copy in notes), practice ‘dont’ with (Fr. Ess p. 82)
4) HW due Mon.: Read “Poursuite…”, Ch. , and write a short summary of BOTH Ch’s 4 & 5.
Extra credit due Mon.
1) Check and discuss HW: “Poursuite…” summary of Ch’s 4 & 5 in French. Collect. Discuss as a class.
2) “Sketches” for 3 groups who had missing classmates on Fri.: Jack, Cassie, Alexander/Thad, Annika, Cedric/Maddie, McKenna, Hanna
3) Introduction: Ce qui, ce que, ce dont-- Fr. Ess, p.83-84, practice w/ exercises, p.84
4) HW : Worksheet ce qui, etc. (BD3 G/V p. 29)
1) Check and discuss HW: worksheet w/ ce que, etc.
2) More practice w/ relative pronouns
3) BD3 p. 102 harder- both types rel. pro.
4) Vocab. practice- pictionnaire!
5) HW: Read Poursuite, Ch. 6, and fo Ex. E & F p. 41. Ex. E = ‘think about it’ questions for discussion! Think and write at Level 3!
1) Warm-up: conversation w/ transparency, kids at café, pairs then discuss
2) Check and discuss HW: Poursuite Ch. 6. Pronounce key sentences.
3) Continue w/ ce qui, ce que, ce dont: remind that they are used when there is not anything specifically being talked about—yet. Show yesterday’s exercises p. 102 BD3, talk about why relative or indefinite relative pronouns were used. Practice just ce que, ce qui, ce dont w/ Amsco , p. 319 P 1-3, Q 1-3, R 1-3.
4) HW : None
1) New seats!
2) Announce sub. on Tues.
3) Continue pract. w/ ce que etc.—Amsco p. 322 Ex.U #1
4) Intro. ‘causitive faire’- having/making someone do something- Intro. board, then CT3 p. 350 and do Act. 8, p. 35
5) HW due WED.: Worksheet, Faire + infinitive (CT3 G/V 193-4)
2/17/15 Sub. Teacher
1) You deserve a break today!
2) Bingo: play bingo with with brand new ‘transportation’ vocab. Use the pre-fab Bingo boards and beans for markers. Distribute the vocab. lists.
3) Then play “Guess Who”, Scrabble (with the tiles turned so that you can see the letters, and teams work well), Mille Bornes, or do a puzzle (all on shelves at back of room). ALL IN FRENCH!!!
4) HW: is the worksheet on ‘faire + infinitive’ is due tomorrow
1) Talk about hosting students over the summer- distribute brochures to those interested
2) Mardi Gras—use web site to discuss- treats!
3) Check and discuss HW- worksheet- ‘faire causitive’—just the first 2 sentences! Questions? (no grade yet…)
4) Partner activity- aloud. Pretend you just won the Powerball lottery. List 5 things you will now have people do for you.
5) Télé-roman- BD 2 – Finish—Ch. 9
6) Pousuite à Québec: Read aloud and translate, one person at a time. Then in small groups, not looking at the pictures in the book, predict in French what will happen next. Use the future proche (aller + infinitive). Discuss in large group.
7) HW due Friday: Finish worksheet- ‘faire + infinitive’—all the rest of the exercises!
1) Check and discuss HW: WS on ‘faire + infinitive’
2) New vocab.: transportation—give lists, practice w/ La Tortue
3) Yabla : Télésonne - Micro-trottoir : Nuisance dans les transports – listen and discuss 4) HW: Read Poursuite, Ch. 8, be ready for quick quiz on it Monday
1) Quick Quiz- “Poursuite…”, Ch. 8
2) Faire + infinitive for when a person has someone else do something—look at the box from last week’s worksheet, use ‘par’. Also, object pronouns go before the conjugated form of ‘faire’. Practice on wh. bds. w/ Act. 12, p. 196 G/V CT3 . Do one sentence at a time for the first 2, then finish.
3) HW due Tues.: In French, write 8 sentences about a person having another person do something for him/her
1) Review savoir/connaître, conversation: what do you know how to do? What interesting author, place, restaurant, etc. do you know?
2) Check and share HW: 8 sent’s w/ faire + infinitif + par.
3) Review verb review w/ wh. bds.- BD3 present, p.c., imp.
4) Begin review of subjunctive: CT3, p. 138. If time, practice in groups of 3 (random), p. 140 Act. 14.
5) HW: none
1) Warm-up: venir, partir, present and p.c. w/ partner
2) Read Ch. 9 & 10, “Poursuite…” Mme and others take turns reading, summarize meaning after reading ea. chapt. completely. Assign project- distribute info.: to re-write the ending. Due Tues. 3/2
3) Mme S. shares photos of her Quebec trip
4) Continue review of verbs—p.c. vs. imperfect. Practice in pairs w/ CT3 p. 117 Act. 8, ½ of the pairs do first part of time-line, other pairs do 2nd part. Read ‘possible answer’ together, discuss.
5) HW: Re-writing project due Tues. 3/2 at the beginning of class
No class due to yesterday's snow day.
Go to March agendas now!