1) Warm-up: With a partner, discuss the weekend, using: s’attendre à, songer à, oublier de, regretter de… + infinitive. Share.
2) Discuss “L’ombre et l’absent” – in sm. groups, discuss and create a discussion question for the group.
3) Review adjectives that change meaning (sheet) -
4) HW: Due Wed.- Read lines 21-49 of “L’Ombre…”, and draw a picture of what you think is the main idea.
3/3/15 No Class- PARCC Testing Schedule
1) Check and share drawings for “L’ombre…” (HW). Discussion of story up to line 49.
2) Review relative pronouns- que/qui/- review on bd., review w/ Amsco p. 307
3) La tortue w/ adjectives that change meaning- Mme S. says expressions in French, students write the English translations (use Amsco)
4) HW: Due Tues.- finish “L’Ombre…”, do Amsco pp 308-310, Ex A,B,C,D – ODDS only.
3/5, 3/6, 3/9/15 No Class- PARCC Testing Schedule
1) Check and discuss Amsco pp 308-310 A,B,C,D odds only- relative pronouns
2) Discuss the end of the story. Read aloud and discuss.
3) HW: None
1) Intro. “Teach Something to the Class” projects: 15 points—Hand out grading rubric as assignment info., due Tues. and Wed. next week. No more food projects until April!
2) Intro. Battleship Game for center activity (below). Show on wh. bd.
· Find the vocabulary and read poem from upcoming film and if time, discuss
· conversation and evaluation w/ Mme S. (for her goals) AP Topic
· Battleship w/ verbs
· Trivia competition w/ Casse-tête (6 ans!)- 1 side vs the other, proceed with the questions in order, no skipping !
4) HW: “Teach Something” presentations are due Tues. and Wed. next week
1) Warm-up: Qu’est-ce que tu penses des examens standard, comme “The SAT”, “ACT”, pour aller à l’université aux Etats-Unis?
2) Grammar: Relative pronouns—review expressions w/ de – write down Mme’s list, then intro. ‘dont’- CT3, p. 232
3) Yabla- Joanna learns to run (example of teaching something to someone)
4) HW due Mon.: WS w/ ‘dont’ (CT3 WB pp 125-126)
1) Check hw- ws w/ dont
2) Prep for film w/ paroles de la chanson—discuss what the lyrics mean
3) HW: Presentations tomorrow (and Wed.): Teaching Something to the Class
1) Poll kids re: AP tests- when will they be gone?
2) “Teach the class” presentations!
3) HW: If you haven’t done your presentation, you will be doing it tomorrow!
1) Finish presentations: Teach the Class—might take whole period???
2) If time, beg. Film: My Afternoons w/ Marguerite
3) No HW
1) Change of plans! Watch film ‘Tintin’ in French with French subtitles.
2) No HW
1) Details: Explain why I changed the movie- we’ll continue w/ the other—how badly do they want to finish Tintin? Wait for another sub day (mu preference: 60 min. left)? Reminder- food projects again on Wed. Also- ordering LPP books- who would like their own copy? Looks like cost is $8.00- can write in own, not in school’s. Also—Holding class at a restaurant—talk about options.
2) Conversation: From o.h.- (Ch. 5 En Famille p. 13 Nous Les Jeunes)
3) Writer’s workshop: Pass back Sem. 1 writing finals. Discuss previous writing, do timed writing- 10 min., 100 words?
4) HW due Wed.: Review the conditional- Amsco pp 92- 97 Ex’s A-H odds only.